The Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening System allows the user to select the sharpening angles that are best suited for their knife’s intended use. The four sharpening angles and their uses are listed below:
17° Angle – A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools. An extremely sharp but delicate edge.
20° Angle – A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives.
25° Angle – The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
30° Angle – An outstanding angle for knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets. Best for heavy duty use.
- Coarse Red Hone: (120 grit) for edge reconditioning
- Medium Green Hone: (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine Blue Hone: (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing sharp
- Honing Oil: Specially Formulated for sharpening
- Easy to use, multi-angle clamp: to hold the blade securely
- Guide Rods: One for every hone
- Extra long knife clamp screws for thicker blades
- Storage/carrying case to hold all system components
- Complete easy-to-follow multi-lingual instructions